Looking for weight loss and want to add makhana in your diet especially in Keto Diet? We have an answer for you
Can we eat makhana in a keto diet?
If you eat makhana in the right quantity and in the right manner than making can help you in your weight loss journey. Makhana is a healthy snack and can help you into shredded but how?
Makhana (Fox Nuts) are amazing snacks and munchy in eating. To roast makhana you can use Ghee or butter with salt and pepper, it’ll make it tasty and crunchy. Makhana is very nutritious and has lots of health benefits that’s why it comes under the list of healthy foods.
let’s check out the health benefits of makhana and why should you include in your diet.
6 Health Benefits of Makhanas (fox nuts)
Makhanas (fox nuts) are high in potassium, very low in sodium and high in magnesium, it is very helpful for those people who are suffering from high blood pressure.
Makhanas have calcium in a high quantity and it makes them great for your bones and teeth health.
Rarely people know that the properties of makhana (fox nuts) help in kidney-related problems, these properties known as astringent properties.
Makhna (fox nuts) help us to reduce chronic inflammation and oxidative stress from our body, these properties known as antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that make them excellent.
If you are diabetic then fox nuts (makhanas) are good for you because makhanas are very low glycaemic index foods.
In pregnancy, doctors recommend makhanas to ladies because makhanas have iron and calcium, Which makes it a good and healthy food for pregnant women.
Why Makhanas Are Perfect Food For Weight Loss?
- A cup of fox nuts (makhana) have around 106 calories, you can use it in your evening snacks with green tea or black coffee.
- Rarely people know that makhanas have a sufficient amount of protein which helps you from overeating and cravings.
- Less saturated fats make it super healthy food, especially in a keto diet.
- Low glycaemic food and it helps you to manage your blood sugar levels.
Read This – Here’s How I Saved My Life With A ….
How can use Makhanas for weight loss in your keto diet?
- You can use it and eat after a roast or raw as per your choice.
- You can soak makhanas in water overnight and add to your soups or other curry dishes.
- You can use puffed lotus seeds in rice puddings.
- You can use makhanas in dry roasted snacks.
How To roast makhanas?
Take a heavy-bottomed pan (check on Amazon) and put 1/2 spoon ghee if you want on low to medium heat. once you roast makhanas evenly then you can add salt and pepper into it for taste.
Stir for few more minutes to mix well salt and pepper into it, after this wait till makhanas cool completely – now you can store roasted makhanas in a good airtight container ( check out this airtight container for you on amazon)